I’ve been seeing ginger limeade around…on a cooking show…in a rack of fresh juices…When I used to drink soda (a long time ago!) I used to always put a squeeze of lime in my ginger ale.
But my preference now is to always eliminate sugar wherever I can, and so I was very happy to discover I can make a wonderful ginger limeade with no sweetener at all.
One day I was making a recipe that called for the juice of half a lime. I had this other half lime so I just squeezed it into a glass and…ginger limeade!
This is so much fresher and alive than any other ginger limeade, and a great pick-me up. Try it!
Make it fresh to get all the benefits of the lime and ginger.
- 1 lime
- fresh ginger
- a tray of ice cubes made with filtered water
- filtered water or sparkling bottled water
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into a pint-sized glass.
- Using a fine grater, grate ginger into the glass. I use about ¼ teaspoon, but start with a small amount and then add more after you add water and taste.
- Put the ice cubes in the glass and then fill with water.
- Stir and serve immediately.