Super Search
 

Question from Shannon Angelique

We’re finally dismantling our bathroom. There might be mold behind our shower walls, so a remediator is doing this, and we are interviewing some.

One company only uses 21% hydrogen peroxide. The company we like best usually uses Shockwave. For us, they can use the ready-to-use formula, which doesn’t have an added fragrance or color.

They can drop off a sample of Shockwave RTU for me to try, and I can order some food-grade 35% hydrogen peroxide to dilute and try.

Which is best for a chemically-sensitive person? What reactions should I be concerned about? Or should this part be skipped, since removal and sanding down of the wood is what really matters?

Debra’s Answer

Shockwave is made from Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride and Dimethyl Ethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride. They are mild irritants.

While Shockwave is not particularly toxic, hydrogen peroxide is even safer.

I would go with the hydrogen peroxide myself.

Add Comment

ARE TOXIC PRODUCTS HIDDEN IN YOUR HOME?

Toxic Products Don’t Always Have Warning Labels. Find Out About 3 Hidden Toxic Products That You Can Remove From Your Home Right Now.